To turn on subtitles on television is not possible by the viewers. Only if the TV channel is supporting the subtitles, you will see them while watching movies or shows.
There was a time where television was the only medium or channel of home entertainment where the viewers had a choice to view news, commercial ads, series and movies. However, now-a-days the television (TV) has been replaced by OTT (over the top) or online streaming platforms.
Television vs. Online Streaming Platforms
In this pandemic era, as the television shows and movie shoots are stalled, theatres are closed. No new movies or television shows -shoots are conducted. Some of the television shows which are daily aired on a particular channel are completely at halt. On the other side, there are movies or Web series which are already completed and not released. The question arises where to release these completed content? The final decision boils down to releasing the movies and the web series on an Online Streaming platform where cost of production is recovered. The viewers are globally spread for watching the content over Netflix, Amazon Prime, Hotstar and so on. As these new movies and web series are being released on OTT platforms, there has been an upsurge in the usage of streaming platforms.
The concept of television and online streaming platforms are a little different. Though both concepts work in their own way. In television, whichever series or a programme a viewer watches is constrained to one episode of a few minutes or few hours. The continuation of the episodes are broadcasted on a daily basis and a viewer has to wait for the next 24 hours for a new episode.
In the OTT platforms, such as Netflix a Web series is released in seasons. One season contains multiple episodes and they are released at one shot. If the viewer’s nature is curious and impatient to wait for the next episode, he/she can watch the entire season of the series without disturbing the continuity.
Now, most of the movies and series are directly released on the online streaming channels such as Netflix, the release is being advertised on the Internet and is made available on the repository of content. You can download as many online streaming platforms in the form of an app on your phone or as a Web portal on your PC/laptop. In addition to that, you can watch the content of Netflix on your smart TV at home..
Subscription Options – Free Trial and Paid Versions
Comparing the subscription amount you pay for television for watching the limited content, Netflix gives a better subscription option with a large repository of content. Other online streaming services such as Amazon Prime, Hotstar, Voot etc. do not offer a wider variety of content as Netflix.
The subscription amount can be paid monthly or yearly as per your preferences. The best part of Netflix is it provides a free trial option just to get the hang of the platform and to view the content. One month free subscription makes the viewer explore all the content it has on the platform and attracts the viewer to go for paid subscription. The only thing you need is a smartphone or a smart TV or a computer and the Internet connection. You are all set to go for Netflix subscription.
Netflix is one of the most used online streaming platforms available in most countries. Western countries and other geographies have adopted watching Netflix from quite some time now. Due to availability of varieties of content in different languages at a very nominal price, Netflix has a high demand in competition with other online streaming platforms. It is one of the highest rated and the most popular online streaming applications having the highest number of downloads.
Register for Netflix
The steps to subscribe for Netflix are very easy.
- Download the app from the play store or app store or go to www.netflix.com on your Web browser on your PC.
- Enter your email address and click the GET STARTED button. The screen below is shown as below.
- Click the CONTINUE button. Setup the password as shown in the screen below.
- Click CONTINUE. You will see the plan selection screen as below.
- Click SEE THE PLANS. You will see the table below.
- Select or choose the plan based on your preferences. Click CONTINUE. You will see the payment setup screen.
- Enter your credit or debit card details and complete the registration by verifying OTP. You will receive a successful registration message on your email with your subscription.
- You can start exploring content in different languages.
Manage and Turn On Subtitles on Netflix [Step-by-step Guide]
Netflix movies, web series and other content are available in more than 150 languages. Oscar nominated movies and other high rated web series / movies are not necessarily available in English. The content comes from different geography, cultures and native languages. Viewers are tempted to watch such movies and series available in other languages. Netflix provides the option to view movies and series with subtitles on it. So, it becomes easy for the viewer to understand and establish interest in the visual he is watching.
Netflix has the best and easy to use interface where any naive user can use it effectively and search the content. It makes it interesting for the user to be there on Netflix for hours and hours.
Search for a movie
- If you are using a single screen then skip this step.If you are using multiple screens, click on your name, enter into the home page.
- You will see three options on the top i.e. TV Shows, Movies and My List.
- You will see the movies and series with filter categories.
- You can pick the movie or series from the list available in each category or you can search for the movie you are looking for.
- Click to open the movie. You will see the action icons as below.
- Click the 4th icon, Audio & Subtitles from the left. On the right section of the screen, you will see the section Subtitles. By default, it is set to Off.
- Tap/click on Off. It will be set to On. Select the language in which the subtitles are available.
- Start to play your movie. You will see the subtitles available on the screen while the movie is being played.
Netflix has captured the entertainment market
Netflix is the first one to come up on an online streaming platform. It is one of the best and user friendly portals with multiple profiles feature, customization of My List and the play features such as managing subtitles and so on. The wider range of movies, series and shows are available on it. No other platform provides such diverse varieties at a low price subscription. Another interesting feature it gives is to download the movie or show to view it later. Download Netflix and Binge Watch any type of content you want.