Joy App Launcher is an Alcatel device’s default app. Apps are managed by the Joy app launcher. I had read that the app launcher kills too much of the device’s battery and occupies data on its own. All of us want to know how to get rid of the launcher and get another launcher to resolve the battery and data issues.
Before taking a decision to uninstall the Joy Launcher, it is advisable to install another app launcher in the phone and then, disable it. If you try to uninstall it without any other app launcher, there might be issues of phone hangs, app crashes frequently (sometimes, hourly) and so on.
Follow these steps to Remove Joy Launcher
- Go to the Google Play Store app.
- Search for Google Launcher. There are other options that can also be explored. Mi Launcher and Microsoft Launcher are the options that can be considered.
- Install the desired launcher app in the device.
- In the device, open the Settings app.
- Under Apps list, choose Joy Launcher. You will not see the Uninstall option, but choose Disable for the app to stop working and create unnecessary issues.
- In case you see other apps which Joy Launcher had forced you to install while updating, please disable them as well. Some of the apps are – Joy Launcher Live Wallpaper, Joy Recorder, Calendar Lite, TCL Weather, Turbo Browser etc.
- Yes, the Joy Launcher is disabled and the phone issues shall be resolved.
App Launcher is the default package that comes with Android devices. Alcatel devices have Joy Launcher as default. Thanks to Google Play Store for providing alternative options for App Launchers that can be used before we get rid of Joy Launcher.