Turning off Youtube notifications is a “must-do” action because our way to explore or search YouTube content is understood by the YouTube algorithm of suggested videos and you will keep getting notifications to watch the content.
Youtube notifications on Chrome are annoying when you are working on some important task at work or in a meeting where you are sharing a screen with your management or anytime that is focused on some important task.
Another thing is the frequency of Youtube notifications. If you have subscribed to a lot of channels. Each time the video is uploaded or any suggestion is detected by Youtube, you get a Youtube notification. In a day, the frequency of the Youtube notifications you get is so high that you cannot avoid it till you turn it off.
As a solution to this, you can always stop Youtube notifications on Chrome using the browser settings. You can also turn off YouTube notifications from your app. To avoid the disturbance of what you are currently doing, you can just turn off the notifications.
Steps to Turn off YouTube Notifications from Chrome
- Open Chrome’s settings.
- On the search bar, type the text notifications.
- Click Site Settings. The below screen appears.
- Under the Notifications section, there is a Block section.
- Click the Add button.
- Enter www.youtube.com in the Site text box.
- Click Add. The YouTube notifications are turned off on Chrome.
You can set other permissions for YouTube as well. Click the right arrow and you will see the set of permissions.
How to Turn off YouTube Notifications from the YouTube App
- Go to the top right corner and click on your profile picture.
- Scroll down and click on settings.
- Tap on the notification.
- Tap the necessary sliders to turn off the specific notification of your choice.
You have successfully turned off the YouTube Notifications from the app.
You may also like:
- How to Report a YouTube Channel
- How to Mass Unsubscribe on YouTube
- How to Delete YouTube History
- How to Fix YouTube Error 400?