Origin where the players manage their games easily. Not only manage them, but also invite other players by sending them invites for friend requests. We can call it similar to a social platform for gamers.
Many times such situations occur in Origin while sending out friend requests or accepting the request or any other issues such as the other side you are added as a friend but you as a sender do not see them in the list.
Why Origin Friend Request Not Working?
- Send Friend Request button is not available (This is to send out the request)
- You do not see any incoming requests of Origin users
- You add the other buddy as a friend, but can’t see in the friend list
Here are some of the quick resolutions to fix origin friend request not working.
Resolution 1: Restart the system
- Shut down all applications running including Origin in the system.
- Switch off your Wifi / Internet.
- Wait for a while.
- Restart the system.
- Start of Wifi or connect to the Internet.
- Open the Origin client.
- Try sending friend requests and see if it works.
Resolution 2: Switch Online/Offline mode in Origin
- Open the Origin tool by double-clicking the shortcut icon.
- From the menu, “Origin”, pick the “Go Offline” mode.
- Once done, go to the taskbar of the operating system.
- Pick the Task Manager Tool.
- Go to the Processes tab.
- Pick Origin process running in the list and right-click.
- Pick End Process.
- Restart Origin and go online mode.
- See if this works for you.
Resolution 3: Try later
Sometimes due to network traffic or the Origin server is facing some latency issue, there are scenarios under which the feature does not work. Try using the option after a few hours, let’s say 4-5 hours and see if it works.
Resolution 4: Run Origin as Admin
- Open File Explorer and go to the root folder where Origin is installed.
- Locate the OriginClientService.exe file.
- Right-click the executable and pick Run as Administrator.
- Enter the admin password to proceed.
- See if the feature is working in the Admin mode.
Resolution 5: Update Version
- Usually, Origin updates happen automatically.
- If the update is released and the Origin is being used by the player, it may not be automatically updated.
- To update, close Origin.
- Restart the system.
- Open Origin, auto-update will start.
- Once the update is uptodate, the issue shall be resolved.
Resolution 6: Check Antivirus tool
- Many Antivirus tools block some Origin files.
- Open the Antivirus tool and check if any Origin files are encountered while scanning.
- If yes, unblock them.
- Else, disable the Antivirus tool for a while.
- Open Origin and try adding a friend.
- If it works, then you need to unblock Origin files from the Antivirus tool and start it.
- Take a call that the Antivirus tool should always scan the Origin files or not.
Origin is most popular for players online and their community is growing day by day. Frequent issues occurring in Origin need to be resolved and the above issue is one of them. Keep exploring such articles to get the resolution on StrangeHoot!
You may also like:
- Best Nature For Type Null
- How to Fly a Plane in GTA 5
- How to Raid on Twitch – Twitch Raid Solution
- 30 Best 10 MB Games for Android Phone