Google Docs has almost converted MS Word users to its side. All features that MS Word provides, Google Docs has it all. Document users do not need to worry about Microsoft Office license for using the products. Review, tracking, styling and formatting – all are possible through Google Docs along with sharing, printing and converting to PDF.
Inserting images in Google Docs is easy and quick. All you need to know is where the image is kept. Pick that source, be it Web, Local Desktop, Google Drive or Web Search. Once the image is in Google Doc, it is easy to move anywhere the user wants to place it.
- How to insert image caption in Google docs
- How to delete pages in Google docs
- How to use subtract in Google sheet
- How to save Google calendar as PDF
- How to create graphs in Google docs
- How to use unique function in Google sheets
Moving an image in Google Document
- Get the image in Google Docs as shown below.
- Choose the source of image – Upload from computer.
- Pick the folder in which the image is available.
- Double-click to get the image into the document.
- The first thing to do is to select the image by clicking the image.
- At the bottom left below the image, the user shall see 3 icons.
- Choose the first, Wrap text option. Margin and moving options are shown.
- Set a margin to keep around the image.
- The second drop-down is to pick the option for positioning of the image.
- To move the image with text, keep the Move with text option.
- Explore the Position options to set it accordingly. The below settings are shown.
- Adjust the X and Y positions.
- Click the image and move it with trackpad or mouse.
- You will see the image moving in the document. Release the mouse at the place the image is to be kept.
- Around the image, text may be seen for the best fit.
- Choose the third icon and view the options. This is an alternative way of moving image.
- Set the margin around the image.
- Choose the Move with text item.
- Click the image and use the mouse or track page to move it from one place to another in the document.
- Release the mouse once you reach the place where the image is to be kept.
- You have successfully moved the image with the break text option.
Break Text and Wrap Text
Both options are similar for moving the image. While placing the image the text would be wrapped around the image if any. In case of break text, the image will be placed where you have chosen without the text around it. Choice is yours how you want to move and place the image in Google Docs.